Florida United Methodist Connectional Relations
Florida United Methodist Connectional Relations is your source of information about what’s going on throughout The United Methodist Church. Through the online Florida Conference Connection News Service, the conference website, YouTube Channel, Facebook page, e-mail communication and more, Florida Connectional Relations keeps local churches informed of the latest developments in the ministry, mission and leadership of the United Methodist Church in Florida and around the world.
Connectional Relations also:
- Serves as a resource to help churches be effective in their communications ministries by connecting church communicators with experienced consulting resources and offering communications workshops at district and conference events; and
- Creates learning communities for local churches to share knowledge.
Florida United Methodist Connectional Relations offers a number of ways to stay
connected to the Florida Conference:
- www.floridaconferenceconnection.info – The Florida Conference Connection provides you with the latest on Florida Conference churches, ministries and leaders and news from across the denomination and around the world. It provides a platform in which to make connections with educational and ministry opportunities, as well as creating a space for blogging , commentary, and having conversations about opinions that are published.
- www.flumc.org – The Florida Conference website connects you to conference staff, boards, agencies, ministries and initiatives.
- www.youtube.com/whatareumcdoing – What Are Umc Doing is the local church video community created by the Florida Conference for churches to learn how other local churches are impacting their communities and to share what you are doing in yours.
- www.facebook.com/FloridaUMC – Our Conference-wide Facebook community is a place for the local churches to share and engage in conversation about faith, missions, outreach, community and worship.
- Subscribe – You can get the news in your e-mail inbox each week by subscribing to the Connection. Simply visit http://floridaconferenceconnection.info and click the “Subscribe” link at the top of the page.
We also offer:
- Multimedia – Our video production capabilities enable us to produce recorded and streaming video news and interpretation pieces.
- Electronic Communications – The Florida Conference’s e-mail network is a source for distributing breaking news and community information, including praise and prayer requests.
- Media Relations – We are available to teach and consult with churches on how to share their news with the public media.
- Crisis Communication – We are also available to work with churches in dealing with the media in crisis and emergency situations. This service is available either on-site or through phone consultations.
- Knowledge and Information Services – Provides analysis, research, and reporting support along with the traditional data management functions of data collection, storage, and maintenance. This team also provides analysis support for process improvement and problem resolution. The team’s mission is to partner and to work cooperatively with the GCFA, the Conference and District staff to support the local churches.